Friday, November 27, 2009

Lemon Poundcake

For those of you on my Facebook page, you may have seen that I made lemon pound cake. I tortured all of you by not giving you the recipe, in order that you come to my blog. See?? I told you I was evil and you didn't believe me.




This is the best lemon pound cake I have ever sampled (and re-sampled). It is made from real lemons--not the bottle that says real lemons.


The original recipe can be found here.

1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
5 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS grated lemon peel
1 tsp lemon extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups sour cream

Icing:
1/4 cup sour cream
2 TBS butter, softened
2-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
3 TBS lemon juice
2 tsp grated lemon peel

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each one. Stir in the lemon juice, peel & extract.

In another bowl, sift and stir flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and alternatively with sour cream. Mix well.

Pour into two greased meatloaf pans (or a bundt pan).

Bake at 350*F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.

For the icing: Beat sour cream and butter together in a small bowl. Gradually add confectioner's sugar, then add the lemon juice & peel. Drizzle on poundcakes, and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Voila!


***


My dad also surprised my mom and I by buying this the other day, since our 2 mixer are on the frits:



And yes. It's red!

***

Giveaway is soon! Check back for more details!

1 comment: