Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Aptitude Tests

Today I decided that I needed to take an aptitude test, after reading a chapter from Life of the Edge (Dr. James Dobson) on college planning, trusting God, figuring out God’s plan...all that jazz.

I took two tests, actually.

One was from RocketCareer.com and the second was from LiveCareer.com. The first one said that I am 100% in administrative and clerical. I don’t know exactly what I am that’s 100%, but I’ll swing with it. Basically, I’d be phenominal (a big word I’ve been favoring to use lately) as a bill and account collector, statement clerk or a calculating machine operator.

Dangit. I was hoping for something like U’D B THE BEST POLICE INVESTIGATOR EVERRR <3or LEARN MORE BIG WORDS AS A BRAIN SURRRGIN!! Not accounting. Not accounting!

Then I tried LiveCareer’s 100 question test. Mind you, the three top career choices for me right now are: baking, sonography and social services. I scored 93 percentile in food service and 89 in writing. Haha!! Something that actually came out with decent results! Oh, and LiveCareer, I’m sorry I lied about my phone number and my home address. It’s just because of the witness protection program, I promise.

Health service came in at 76 percentile. Apparently, I’m also assertive. Scored 60 on that one, but it was the highest out of persuasive and systematic.

as-ser-tive   /əˈsɜrtɪv/ [uh-sur-tiv]

–adjective
1. confidently aggressive or self-assured; positive: aggressive; dogmatic: He is too assertive as a salesman.

(Dictionary.com)

You know…I don’t even want to know what dogmatic is, but I’m going to assume that it doesn’t mean I bite people.

SO, while I’m taking these tests, my head starts to (naturally) hurt.

Now, I’m weird. I’ve known this for a long time, and one of the supposed symptoms of homeschooling is the urge to research things voluntarily, but, see, I like to research weird things and lately I’ve gotten into medical stuff, (including big, fancy words like anomalous, filangies, and polymer phosphates–though I don’t know what the last one is. I heard it on Bones.) and I’ve also gotten into psychology and the human brain (thanks to http://HowStuffWorks.com). So there, on my wall is a chart of the human brain and it’s components.

And lately, whenever my head hurts, I am able to specify which cranial lobe it is that hurts. Hmm…it’s my frontal lobe that’s hurting.

I’ve been sitting there for the past 20 minutes completing questions such as:

I would like to…
(_) Dumpster dive
(_) Wipe a child’s nose
(x) Interrogate a suspect

And, and, and that so-called frontal lobe controls the decision-making processes between good and bad, or better and best.

I was thoroughly amazed. But that really didn’t get me anywhere, so I think I’m going to take a walk and get rid of my headache.
blog comments powered by Disqus