Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Cop Story

I was fighting with the mop bucket and out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone coming into our little, deserted parking lot. Two men, big, both wearing black. There’s no one else around.

I think Crap! Who am I going to have to scream off now? Then I see the little gold accessories and the radios.

“Did you call us?” one of the cops asked me.

“No, I didn’t.”

“Okay…What’s your address?”

I told him, and he nodded to the bald officer behind him. One went ahead and the other backtracked.

So there I am, wearing my shirt that reads DETECTIVE - WE’LL SOLVE NO CRIME ‘TIL OVERTIME.

Then, I realize that there are apartments above the shop. I’ve only ever seen people going into them two or three times since last summer, but I thought it possible that someone from there could have called 911. The brown-haired officer reappeared, I called out my suggestion.

“Nah, it’s okay. We got it,” he said.

That was when I heard someone yelling from the alley. As much as I wanted to drop the mop bucket and run down the parking lot to see if someone was getting tased, an uneasy thought entered my brain. Hey, it said, you’re by yourself and someone nearby just called 911. Stop thinking about the fun that could be just around the corner, and concentrate on getting cleaned up and going home.

So I did. By the time I walked my bike across the alley, there was no sign of cops, victims, and the accused. I was sad. (LOL)

But now I really want to watch COPS. Maybe someday, my mad cooking skillz will get me into a police department. I can brew cofffee, too.
blog comments powered by Disqus