Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The sea monkeys have my money!

My bedtime (since last summer) has been anywhere from 1 am to 3am. (My parents ask me, "Don't you go to school anymore?" since I only have 1 morning class) So lately I've been trying to be healthier, and that includes getting into a better sleeping pattern. Though I can't get to bed before midnight, I am working on what I eat for breakfast. 225 cal? I can't complain with that. (Though my par cal count for breakfast is usually 0)


I also partially ran a mile today, but I'm planning on making something with blueberries, chocolate chips, and phyllo dough later. Let's see if I can keep up and keep improving this routine.

Right, so you are just dying to know about me. So I'll give you want you want and just show you the food:

These are what I made in class on Tuesday. These are chicken salad (made with Tabasco, raisins, celery, heavy mayo, and dijon) in puff pastry.

These are berry sauce in puff pastry. I made these last minute, so I threw some diced apple, blueberries, brown sugar, lemon juice, and a cinnamon stick in a sauce pan and let it bubble for a while. The puff pastry was already pitted, so voila! Classy.

These are what I'm hoping to recreate tonight. They are homemade cream puffs, with blueberries, vanilla extract (vanilla bean sticks and vodka -- woohoo!) and chocolate chips. I melted them over a bain marie (double boiler) so the chocolate wouldn't burn.

Gotta be careful with chocolate...that stuff's precious ;)

Today, Wednesday, everyone was assigned to make clam chowder. I won't go into saying how incredible it was that everyone's looked/tasted different and how unique and precious every individual is for making such a unique soup.

I'll just say that I only tasted mine, and it was delicious, and the texture was dreamy. And yes, dreamy. There were quite a few not-so-appetizing soups on the tasting table.


And, yes, I won't exactly call you precious and unique if you lock me out of the store room one more pancake flippin' time. Gosh.

Prettyyy!!

And, in case you haven't been able to tell by now, I got a new camera phone. Virgin Mobile, I love you. I also have a $5/month package that lets me send 200 text messages a month, and I find great joy in this, which is why I have been...you know...taking picture of my breakfast.

If you'd like to see more pictures of my breakfast immediately after I take them, be sure to follow me on Twitter. Or, if you don't have Twitter, just go to my TwitPic page.

XO Mary
blog comments powered by Disqus